After waiting patiently since March, the day of the famous Churchill Fishing Comp is almost upon us! The weather forecast for Saturday is looking great and we’re looking forward to a cracker of a day!
However if a postponement of the comp is necessary due to weather or any unforeseen circumstances, notification will be on the Churchill website by 6pm Friday night.
Weigh in 2pm – 5pm at the Club, prize giving at 6pm.
Chef Phill will be in the kitchen serving snacks from 4pm- 6pm and then dinner from 6pm.
Remember we are also running a photo competition on the day. There will be a prize for ‘Best Photo of an Entered Child Fishing on the Day’ and ‘Best Photo of a Family Fishing on the Day’ (at least one person in the photo must be an entrant). Photos to be emailed to [email protected] by 5.30pm latest on Saturday.
Another new category this year is ‘Best Hard Luck Story’ so if you’re one of those people who swear blind they would’ve, could’ve, should’ve caught the biggest fish if it hadn’t been for ….. then email your hard luck story to the club by 5.30pm Saturday to be in to win!
Local fishmongers Marsics Brothers will be on site at weigh in to fillet any fish you’ve caught, for a gold coin donation per fish.
FISHING COMPETITION TERMS
1. Weigh in will be from 2pm to 5pm at The Churchill Club, 259 Riddell Rd Glendowie. Contestants must be in the weigh in queue before 5pm.
2. Registered participants must have their tickets on them when weighing in fish and at prize giving to be eligible.
3. You or your delegate, with your ticket, must be at prize giving to be eligible for any prizes. Otherwise prizes will be cascaded to the next eligible entry.
4. Lost tickets will not be replaced without evidence of purchase.
5. Purchase of and completion of the ticket identification details constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions.
6. All tickets are eligible for species prizes and all random draw giveaways however only a current financial member as at the 21st March 2020 is eligible for the Members’ Largest Snapper category.
7. Each ticket is only valid for one prize within each category, E.g. if a child catches the largest snapper they will receive the prize for the largest snapper overall (non members) and the child prize for the largest snapper will cascade to the second largest snapper caught by a child.
8. Children/Boys/Girls 16 years and under as at the 17th October 2020.
9. Fishing shall be with rods, reels and handlines only. Fish caught by any other methods including Kontikis, Nets, Longlines, Spears are not eligible.
10. You may only weigh in one fish per species plus an additional entry for Largest Snapper which will also be eligible for Members’ Largest Snapper if the entrant is a member who holds a valid current membership card in their name.
11. The permitted fishing area is between Cape Colville and Takatu point.
12. All eligible fish must be caught on the day of the competition.
13. Cheating will result in instant disqualification from the competition.
14. Only legal and healthy fish will be accepted and the organisers reserve the right to reject any fish presented based on being undersize or its condition indicating its capture does not comply with the terms and conditions of entry.
15. The decision of the judges will be final and binding on participants.
16. Prizes are as offered and cannot be redeemed for cash.
17. If two fish are eligible for the same prize, the first weighed in will be deemed the winner of that prize.
18. Any categories where no eligible fish are presented will have the associated prize allocated by random draw.
Postponement – Should the organisers wish to postpone the competition due to adverse weather conditions, a notice will be posted on the Churchill Club’s website at the following address by 6pm on the 17th October 2020, http://www.churchillclub.co.nz/fishing. Postponement will only be due to the weather conditions being considered unsafe by the organisers. If the competition is postponed the competition will be automatically rescheduled to Sunday the 18th October 2020. If this back up date is cancelled due to weather conditions, all prizes will be randomly drawn on a later date at the Churchill Club. Participants must be present to win.